The Best Guide

Style Icon: Jean Seberg

Jean Seberg

Jean Seberg

I was first introduced to Jean Seberg and her impeccable, classic style while watching Jean-Luc Godard's 1960 film Breathless (À bout de souffle). She plays Patricia, a young American woman studying journalism in Paris.

Breathless became one of my favorite films, and Jean Seberg quickly climbed the ranks as my fashion idol. Her wardrobe consisted of bold stripes, skinny-legged pants, and basic scoop-neck tops and ballet flats: simple, classic, and so very pretty. I aspire to collect some classic-looking basics this summer so I can emulate her style. Perfect for an outdoor dinner or a day spent down by the pier, I think.

Not to mention that hairstyle! Ah, I'm hooked. She became one of my major inspirations when I decided to get my haircut at the end of this past spring semester.